Coronavirus – Update January 2021
Following the announcement from the government on Monday 4th January we would like to reassure you that we will remain open for business throughout the forthcoming national lock down.
The government guidelines continue to state that construction is to stay open and builders merchants are classed as essential retail. Our priority remains keeping all of our customers and team safe, we are following strict Covid-19 safety guidelines to ensure we help stop the spread of this virus.
Please do not enter any internal buildings on our site unless invited to do so by a member of staff and then please use hand sanitiser located at the door.
The factory is continuing to run as we have been doing so since re-opening after the first lock down in 2020 and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.
The phones will not be manned full time, so it is still best at this stage to email all enquiries.
This is how we plan to operate the factory until further notice:
1. To avoid unnecessary interaction customers may not turn up on site with enquiries – all enquiries to be emailed only (firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. We will email back your quote – if you wish to proceed please reply to email.
3. We will email a sales order with our bank details for those wishing to pay by bank transfer or an invoice for those wishing to pay by credit or debit card (via Sage Pay). Customers with credit accounts will still pay to normal agreed terms. We will not be taking cash or cheque payments.
4. Once payment has been received, we will machine your order asap.
5. Once order is ready, we will email or phone to let you know and arrange collection / delivery details.
6. During this period, we will not be taking any returns or make any alteration to the order that has been placed, please ensure you have checked your order before proceeding.
Our Trade Counter has been open successfully since the end of the first lock down in 2020.
We would like to thank those who have visited and observed the social distancing in place and ask for that to continue following the government guidelines.
Visitors are welcome on site to choose and order timber from our Trade Counter.
Please observe the signage and queuing system in place to protect all of our customers and team. Please only touch what you are buying.
At this time, we will not be accepting any returns.
The only method of payment we will be accepting on site is by card with pin entry. If you pre-order prior to collection you can pay by bank transfer or by credit or debit card (via Sage Pay). We do not take any card payments over the phone.
We apologise sincerely for any disruption this may cause you and thank you for your understanding and continued support during these challenging circumstances.
Mon to Fri 08:00-12:30 & 13:20-17:00
Sat 08:00-11:45 (closed bank holidays)
Easter 2021 – 2nd April until 5th April inclusive.
May Day 2021 – 1st May until 3rd May inclusive.
Spring 2021 – 29th May until 6th June inclusive.
Summer 2021 – 14th August until 30th August inclusive.
Established in 1948 by Ernest Dossett and Albert Woodley in Tottenham, North London, the DW Group (DW General Wood, DW Timber and DW Mouldings) has over 70 years of supplying some of the finest machined wood products in the world, and yet remains a family business with an exceptionally high level of customer care.
We supply to joiners, architects, builders, carpenters, display product and point-of-sale equipment manufacturers, as well as the general public.